Vancouver

THE FULBRIGHT YEAR Disclaimer* This blog is not an official Fulbright Program blog. The views disclosed are my own and do not reflect those of the Fulbright Program,the U.S. Department of State, or any of its partner organizations

Monday, August 9, 2010

THIRD DAY:WYOMING-MONTANA


It's a cool, stormy night in Billings, Montana and we are feeling extremely tired, yet cozy, in our RV. For the last 450 miles(from Cheyenne, Wyoming to here) the terrain has been ruggedly beautiful.
I-25 provided seemingly endless views of sweeping grasslands and towering buttes. If the land appears this unforgiving in the summer I can only imagine what it must be like when it snows. I'm thinking that it takes a person much heartier than I am to make a home here.










We are all starting to settle into the daily routine...get up and have breakfast, batten down the hatches on the RV,pack snacks and lunches for the car/trucks, drive, stop for Pam to walk/diaper change for Jenna...get gas...keep driving,look for a Walmart to pick up the things we have forgotten, stop for more gas and bathroom breaks, walk some more,drive a lot more and then by 6:00 start looking for a campground, set up the RV and make supper...blog if there is a signal and I'm still alert enough to have a coherent thought, and then hit the sack. Start it all over again the next day.

With 933 miles to Vancouver we anticipate arriving on Wednesday. We'll see.




Pam and Jim trying to hang on in the gale force wind

Tammy somewhere north of Casper, Wyoming
















Alexis at the end of a long day















Yeah we finally made it to the campground for the night!

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
In politically correct language I am called a non-traditional student or,as my mother would say, a late-bloomer. For twenty years I was a stay-at-home/home-schooling mom but surprise.. kids grow up. When my son asked me what I was going to do after he left home I told him I was sure it would involve crates of Kleenex, junk food, and a lot of self pity. He suggested college instead and I took him up on it. I graduated in Dec. 09 with a BA in Criminal Justice/Corrections from Park University in Parkville, Mo. Through internships that brought me into contact with both the victims and offenders of violent crime, I have acquired a passion to assist each in addressing issues of accountability and healing through the restorative process of victim-offender mediation. As a 2010-2011 Canada-U.S. Student Fulbright recipient I will travel this fall with my husband and granddaughter, to British Columbia where I will be attending Simon Fraser University's Graduate School of Criminology. With a superb symmetry, Mother, arbitrator of children’s squabbles has progressed to victim-offender mediator.