Vancouver

THE FULBRIGHT YEAR Disclaimer* This blog is not an official Fulbright Program blog. The views disclosed are my own and do not reflect those of the Fulbright Program,the U.S. Department of State, or any of its partner organizations

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Harrison Hot Springs

Harrison Hot Springs, BC





Jim and I spent Christmas/Boxing Day weekend at the Harrison Hot Springs resort





Village square


Mom and pop restaurants and quaint shops line the street




Walkways meander along the lakefront









"High Tea" is served at 4 o'clock









The resort has two indoor and two outdoor pools. Water comes out of the springs between 146-165 F. Due to the temperature and the cleansing effect of the minerals they suggest that you only stay in the water for 10-15 minutes at a time. We managed to stretch it to about 20 but that was all we could take.






Christmas morning we took a walk by the lake and through a
hiking path on the hillside overlooking the resort




















Just out of view are the cozy chairs lined up in the front of the fireplace with all the people reading or surfing the web. Prime real estate! Good luck getting a spot.


We had a great time just walking around, shopping in the gift shop, Christmas dinner in the Copper Room, and best of all, the glorious hot springs pool. Monday came much too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
In politically correct language I am called a non-traditional student or,as my mother would say, a late-bloomer. For twenty years I was a stay-at-home/home-schooling mom but surprise.. kids grow up. When my son asked me what I was going to do after he left home I told him I was sure it would involve crates of Kleenex, junk food, and a lot of self pity. He suggested college instead and I took him up on it. I graduated in Dec. 09 with a BA in Criminal Justice/Corrections from Park University in Parkville, Mo. Through internships that brought me into contact with both the victims and offenders of violent crime, I have acquired a passion to assist each in addressing issues of accountability and healing through the restorative process of victim-offender mediation. As a 2010-2011 Canada-U.S. Student Fulbright recipient I will travel this fall with my husband and granddaughter, to British Columbia where I will be attending Simon Fraser University's Graduate School of Criminology. With a superb symmetry, Mother, arbitrator of children’s squabbles has progressed to victim-offender mediator.